Monday, 25 February 2013

tea with me {#2}...and baby news!

If you were to have tea {and home-made chocolate cheesecake!} with me this week, you would be joining me at my sister's home. Here as chief aunty in charge, my role has been to help out, lend a hand and most importantly, babysit when the newest little member of their family arrived. And today, if you came around, you would actually meet him, because.… yes ! Baby Hugh Frederick has come, and we are all very much in love. :)

As I lead you through to the kitchen where the kettle is already singing merrily on the stove-top, most of my conversation would be full of this newest nephew of mine. As the tea-leaves are measured into the teapot, and the mugs brought out of the cupboard we would laugh over that fact that I have another nephew – and still no nieces! I would share how blessed and special it was to meet him the first time, when he was just 5 hours old, and how sitting in the hospital room, just with my sister and Hugh, I was able to hold him long and quietly – studying his cute features, tracing family resemblances of both sides in the little nose, the pointy chin and the tightly closed eyes. I would lead you to the lounge, where he's sleeping peacefully in the rocker, and offer you a cuddle. Jemima would probably be resting in her room, as we sit and chat, but the three older brothers would be close nearby, eager to have a hold too.

As we spend this time together, I would chat about how blessed I feel to be here at this time. With my youngest sister now nearly 11 years old, we haven't had a newborn in our home for many years.
 
It's so special to spend so much time with such a precious little one! Hugh has been such a peaceful, content baby, and every day we see him developing more and more. I head home later this week, and I'm so treasuring these days of cuddles!

As our visit draws to a close, we snap a quick photo of you and the baby – joining the many others I've been taking over these past few days. :) It's been so nice to visit with you!
 
 
 
{tea with me is a link up with Em at teacups too – a fortnightly ‘tea’ post.}

14 comments:

  1. Lovely post and beautiful photos! How I would *love* to have tea with you tonight or even tomorrow afternoon! :) I've missed you! I'd also love to sit down to tea with B&J, darling hugh and the boys! Thankfully, I (we) now only need to wait till Thursday to see you all and have a nice cuppa together and nice cuddle with my dear new grandson! Looking forward to seeing you all then! Lots of love, xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed having tea {and scrummy cheesecake} with you all (yesterday!) And holding this gorgeous nephew of mine. He is gorgeous, just gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to have another cute nephew to cuddle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite wonderful :-)))
    Bradley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying your more wordy posts greatly! :) What special times for you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! What a special time together ~ such a gorgeous little fellow! Much love from us all xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby Hugh looks so soft and cuddly. I love holding newborns. How nice to be able to spend a week being the only aunty waiting for cuddles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful!!! :) Little Hugh is such a darling! :)
    God bless you! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww wow!! Hugh is gorgeous! Lovely name too. You make me impatient for the arrival of our own :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for letting me join you for tea - I would be gushing over that gorgeous baby boy, reminiscing the days I had one of my own, almost 7 years ago. And hanging on every word you say about your gorgeous sisters, and what seems like an amazing relationship you have with them... I didn't ever have a sister, and now with girls of my own I can see how special that bond is!
    Such a gorgeous post! Much love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments! They were so nice to receive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious newborn swooning. How totally wonderful and I would want a cuddle. I grew up with three brothers and with two older male cousins that I did not see that often, I was always longing for a sister. Now I have two gorgeous daughters and I feel so lucky to have them and see them love each other as best friends forever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are going to be the most pro aunty-to-nephews around!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you! Comment moderation is on though, so it may take a while before your comment is published. Thank you!