Wednesday, 24 April 2013

tea with me #4


if you had tea with me this week, you could quite possibly be blown in with the wind. Autumn has descended upon us {complete with showers of golden colored leaves} and it's getting cold! As you walk up the driveway, you'll notice the wood all stacked up in preparation for the winter - as yet we've held off lighting the fire, but it won't be long till we do!


It's been a while since we've shared tea - and I'm missed doing so! life has been full of many things lately, and at times words {and writing} are hard to come by. of late, i've felt very 'word-less' - life speeding on with many happy moments, fun things, wonderful events for families and friends ... and sometimes those times, even while i'm thrilling for them, can make it harder for me to focus on the wonderful things God has placed in my life. it's a strange mix to be so happy and yet aching at the same time. last Sunday afternoon, i curled up with a cosy quilt and my Bible and journal ... needing that quiet time to think, to read, to pray. i craved to get past those feelings, those pin-pricks, the quiet but real jealousy and discontent i was having. i was longing for something, and even though i knew where to go for the complete solution, i kept placing obstacles in the way. and yet all the time God was there and I just didn't see Him. nothing, no, nothing can fill and heal those spots expect Him. and so i turned, feeling so insignificant, so sinful, so empty-handed, and He was there. and He was enough. I'm so thankful for the love He freely gives. the grace which is always there. the strength that comes when I turn to Him and stop trying to do it all on my own. for nothing will satisfy - even if all my imaginable dreams came true - except for Him.

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation …
God has commanded thy strength : strengthen , O God, that which thou hast wrought for us. "
{Psalm 68: 19,28}
 
p.s I know this is a brief {and not quite realistic} ‘tea with me’ this time – sorry! 
there will be a photo catch-up post real soon!

{'tea with me' is a link up with Em at teacups too - a fortnightly 'tea' post}

8 comments:

  1. beautiful words and photo, Abbie!! God has been teaching me contentment, too. He is so wonderful, and He is all I need. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! ^_^ I have a huge struggle with being content TOO! :P I know how it feels! :(
    I love the photo though! Aren't the leaves BEAUTIFUL?! ^_^ I cannot wait for Winter! :D So cozy! ^_^
    God bless,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbie, thank you for this post!! It really hit home and reminded me once again that when we are at our weakest, God is strong and able to save!! He's such an amazing and loving Father!!

    Will be praying for you, dear friend - you're not alone in your struggles!!

    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Abbie, thankyou so much for sharing these beautiful words with us!!
    Praise the Lord for His faithfulness - in our weakness, He is made strong... may He continue to guide, uplift and strengthen you, holding you in His Everlasting Arms (Deut. 33:27).

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much dear friends for your lovely comments - they were a blessing and encouragement to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Abbie,

    I know this is a belated comment, but when I first read your post I really wanted to comment then but it didn't work out and so I'm only commenting now :-)I just wanted to let you know that what you wrote resonated with me and things I've always struggled with. Never think that you are alone!!!

    With love,

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. I can so relate to the word-lessness, and the discontent.
    So glad you know where to go to find that true contentment that only He can bring, and its such a great reminder for me to stop the 'wanting' of stuff, and material things, and re-focus.
    The perfect 'tea with me' I think Abbie, love your heart
    xx
    (PS Sorry it's taken me so long to comment!)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you! Comment moderation is on though, so it may take a while before your comment is published. Thank you!